Welcome to Friends of Banner Mountain
The mission of the Friends of Banner Mountain is to protect Banner Mountain and its natural and cultural resources for the benefit of residents, visitors, and future generations
Your annual $20 contribution provides:
- Education and safety programs: Designed to reduce the potential of catastrophic wildfires on Banner Mountain and elsewhere in the Sierra Nevada foothills.
- Informational activities: Designed to protect the biological diversity and health of Banner Mountain forests and waterways;
- Opportunities to promote, preserve, and conserve: Banner Mountain’s water resources, recreational amenities, cultural resources, and historic canals.
- Guidance: Designed to promote and support educational activities that reduce crime, vandalism, and wildlife depredation on Banner Mountain and elsewhere in the Sierra Nevada foothills.
- Email alerts: Website, periodic email newsletters, and other communications on current and future issues affecting the Banner Mountain area.
- Support of Hiking Trails: Including the development and use of open trails on Banner Mountain.
- Partnerships and Links to other Organizations: Fire Safe Council of Nevada County, Nevada County Consolidated Fire District, Cal Fire, Bear Yuba Land Trust, Nevada Irrigation District (NID), South Yuba River Citizen’s League (SYRCL), and others to address common causes.
- Service Discounts: To FBM supporters that include hardware and building supplies, propane, septic cleaning, and other services. Visit our Service Discount link for more information.
- Get Involved: Become a member today. We also encourage you to join the board.
- FBM is a 501(c)(3) organization, contributions are tax deductible.